Sunday 12 March 2017

Finished today, for a photo shoot tomorrow



I love designing pieces for styled photo shoots. These accessories aren't designed for anyone in particular, so it's my chance to design with freedom, and really push the boat out with new techniques.

I knew that I wanted a particularly opulent piece for an up and coming styled wedding shoot at a Cheshire period country house, and had been building mood boards of patterns, and mosaics, like those found in the temples my husband and I visited when on an extended honeymoon through India, Nepal, Malaysia and Indonesia some years ago! I also wanted a piece that would catch the light in the same way that those mirrored mosaics do.

Sketching, tracing, placing and hand stitching for the finished piece, was a slow, but magical process, as I watched the design come to life, and I can't wait to share pictures from the styled wedding shoot, with our 'bride' wearing this headpiece.




No comments:

Post a Comment